Are you passionate about making food taste great?
Would you like to be at the leading edge of developing new food flavours?
If the answer is yes to both, then “Spice up your life” and join Newly Weds Foods, the perfect blend of quality and innovation. We put people at the heart of what we do.
Newly Weds® Foods Ltd is an incredibly successful food ingredients manufacturing business. We are currently seeking to recruit a Food Technician to help support our rapidly expanding European business. Reporting into the R&D National Accounts and Food Service team, you will be supporting food innovation and the development of new flavours for leading brands (UK, European and Global).
- Supporting Food Technologists with recipe preparation and cooking
- Accurately weighing and mixing recipe formulations
- Maintaining raw material stocks
- Ensuring documentation is completed to ensure full traceability of ingredients within the department
- High degree of adaptability and resourcefulness
- Ability to work reliably, accurately and safely against strict time deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting with a variety of people
- A confident self-motivator with excellent time management and communication skills
- Formal qualifications are not required however, a keen interest in food is essential
- Computer literacy preferable
- Basic Food Hygiene Award (preferable) or a willingness to undertake training
- Physical fitness is required as this role will involve lifting weights of up to 25Kg.
Hours of work
This is a full-time position, working a basic 37.5-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm.
The role offers a competitive salary and other benefits associated with a large, successful business including:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Annual Bonus (discretionary)
- Healthcare Cash Plan Scheme
- 20 days holiday per year (plus Statutory Holidays), rising to 25 over 5 years
- Christmas Gift Voucher
- Christmas Party and Summer BBQ
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free On-site parking
Based at our Head Office site in Ossett, West Yorkshire, the site is well-positioned and has excellent road connections with easy access to local bus routes (117, 127, 268).
Newly Weds® Foods is a leading privately-owned global food ingredients business. The European division is rapidly growing and is a market leader in the manufacture of food coatings, seasonings, and functional ingredient systems.
The Ossett site manufactures food coatings systems, dry seasoning blends, bread crumbs, and rusk products. The site is a real success story and the team consistently delivers significant growth year on year.
This is a great opportunity for someone who thrives in businesses committed to producing high-quality safe foods.
How to Apply
Please do so in writing with an up-to-date CV and covering letter stating why you would like to apply for this position, and outlining any relevant skills and experience.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com , or by post to:
Newly Weds Foods Ltd
Closing date: Friday 24th June 2022
Please note if you have not heard from us within a period of 4 weeks from the date of your application being submitted, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.