Quality Controller/Forklift Operative – Competitive
About Newly Weds Foods
Newly Weds® Foods is a leading, privately owned global food ingredients business and has been innovating since 1932. The European division is a market leader in the manufacture of coatings, seasonings and functional ingredient systems.
Today, Newly Weds® Foods is BRC accredited leading specialist manufacturer of coatings, seasonings and flavourings for the food industry supplying major manufacturers throughout the world and a world leader within food ingredient technology. A network of R&D, manufacturing and service facilities around the globe allows us to serve our customers’ needs in more than 68 countries. But despite our size and scope, we’ve continued to be an independent, family-owned business answerable only to the demands of our customers. That’s why we continue to invest in infrastructure, human resources and capacity to keep pace with our customers’ needs and expectations.
Newly Weds Foods Corby
Based on Manton Road, Newly Weds Foods has been operational in Corby since 2002. The site is proud to be the only industrial ingredients manufacturer in Europe with a unique process that creates authentic Japanese “Panko” style breadcrumb. The team in Corby is expanding as we take on more business, so we have several opportunities at this location.
Newly Weds® Foods Ltd is looking to recruit a Quality Controller/Forklift Operative to join the team based at our well established Corby Plant on our 12 hour rotational night shift.
The role will involve checking of finished goods prior to despatch, using a counterbalance forklift truck to load finished products onto lorries and checking and reporting on raw materials.
What does it involve?
- To ensure that all product is checked prior to despatch and that it is loaded, by forklift, onto the transport available at the correct time.
- To monitor, control and report on raw materials, products, processes and quality systems.
- Ensure relevant paperwork is completed on time, and suggest improvements where applicable;
- Adhere to corporate sanitation standards at all times;
- Adhere to NWF health and safety policy, reporting any near misses or issues observed relating to quality, safety, sanitation, machinery or throughput to the Plant Manager;
What skills will you need?
- Counterbalance Forklift licence (essential)
- Literate and numerate;
- Physically fit (the role involves consistently lifting, throughout the shift, that weigh up to 25kg)
- Basic health and safety knowledge;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Computer literate;
- Commitment to NWF Values
- “Collaboration” Be One Team
- “Flexibility” Be Adaptable and Proactive
- “Inspiration” Be A Role Model
- “Integrity” Do The Right Thing (First Time, Every Time)
- “Efficiency” Eliminate All Kinds of Waste (Time & Materials)
- “Responsibility” Take Ownership and Accountability
Terms and conditions include:
Salary – £40,377.81 (including 33% shift allowance)
Location – Newly Weds Foods, Corby
Working hours / pattern – 42 hours average a week over a 12 hour rotational night shift
Pension – 3% paid via salary sacrifice, saving you tax and NI contributions
Annual Salary Reviews – an annual pay review is conducted every January
Holiday – 20 days plus bank holidays, rising to 25 plus bank holidays after 5 years’ service
Family friendly – Enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave pay
Freebies – free on-site parking, tea and coffee,
Health care cash plan – including cash back for opticians, dentist, complimentary therapies
Premium Employee Assistance Programme – including up to 8 counselling sessions, as well as telephone advice for a range of issues
Cycle to work scheme – once you have passed your probation period
Employee events –Christmas party (Covid conditions permitting), as well as an Easter egg at Easter, and long service awards for those hitting 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years’ service
Death in service benefit – 2 x annual salary
Incentivized “Refer A Friend” Scheme – £400 for each person you successfully recommend, terms and conditions apply
How to Apply
Please apply by emailing us a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet our person specification, as outlined in the job description, along with a copy of your most up to date CV. All applications should be with us by 9.00am on Friday 4th February 2022. Emails to come to BanburyHR@newlywedsfoods.eu